Victimless Crime File: Pill Popper Poisons Baby by Breastfeeding
But hey, if only we legalized drugs this would never have happened, right?
COLUMBIA, SC (WBTV/AP) – Authorities in South Carolina say an infant girl died from a lethal dose of illegally obtained morphine that was in her mother’s breast milk.
The mother, 37-year-old Stephanie Greene, was charged Friday with homicide by child abuse after police say she illegally received the drugs.
Investigators say Greene’s 6-week-old daughter, Alexis, was found dead in her parents’ bed in their Campobello home on November 13, 2010.
Autopsy results showed high levels of morphine — which they say was illegally obtained — in the child’s blood. Authorities say the painkiller got into Greene’s breast milk after she took pills and used patches containing morphine constantly since the baby’s birth.
Investigators say Greene, who is a 1991 graduate of Chapman High School in Inman, illegally obtained the drugs at least 38 times in less than two years.
Just to make this scumbag more unlikeable instead of mourning like a normal person she’s apparently been all over the web writing little notes on how painful this is on various websites.
Here’s a question – since she knew she was going to be getting high why didn’t she use formula? Answer: She’s a selfish stoner.